[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary
- From: Martin Srebotnjak <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:59:04 +0200
- To: Drew Jensen <email@example.com>
- Cc: LibreOffice Documentation <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
the link should point to a localized wiki page in the ui language, if
V pet., 7. jun. 2019 19:17 je oseba Drew Jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> In the ESC meeting yesterday the question of including the Migration
> Assistant (MA) feature by default in the pending 6.3 release finished with
> a decision to do so with one update the UI. Which would show the user a
> link, on the dialog box which starts the process, to a wiki page with
> detailed information on what was possible with MA presently and information
> on how to perform a migration with or without use of the MA tool.
> Caolán McNamra was quick about setting up the code for that URL link (Thank
> you!) and provisionally used a URL for the wiki page of:
> That location makes sense IMO. Currently that page doesn't exist.
> There was a page started for the migration assistant a while back at
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/FirebirdMigration I
> it would be best to retire that page, replaced by the new page under
> Documentation/How To. It could be raided for some content of course, but
> there isn't much there by way of a How To/Tutroial style anyway.
> The new page will be setup to take advantage of the MediaWiki translation
> extension. ( got some info on setting that up yesterday on IRC).
> I thought about top level categories for the new page, which you can see
> here https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Drew/tmpMA
> That is about it for this email which was mostly to kick this off and get
> some wisdom and feedback form the team.
> Best wishes,
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|[libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary||Drew Jensen <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Review of Calc Guide - Chapter 5 - Using Graphics in Calc
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] REMINDER June Marketing Call
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Review Comments for CG6202 - Enter Edit Format Data