Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary

Howdy Robert,

Yes - for me that is exactly the point of this - to say 'DO THIS WITH A
COPY' and then address the facts of the situation as they are.

Firebird engine went live with the 6.2 release so that horse is already out
of the barn, as some would put it.

There exists a real desire by a good number of people, for what seems to me
reasonable reasons, to remove support for current embedded HSQL database
code in an expeditious fashion.

This migration assistant piece is something that would be nice but it is
not a requirement for many of those using Base files.

What would be best now would be to put together some cogent, concise steps
for folks to follow in moving off of the embedded HSQL Base file to a new
Base file with the database schema and data moved to another system, which
could be another embedded Base file using Firebird or could be to an
external rdbms.

It is also known exactly as to what causes problems for the current,
assuming nothing is fixed before release, migration assistant code; so this
can tell users check your files for the following and if you don't use any
of <these data types/features> run the migration assistant with confidence.
If they do have known problem files then offer them steps they can take
today, or let them know they should wait for fixes to the migration
assistant in later 6.3 releases.

At least that is my thoughts.

Best wishes

Drew