Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Creating a How To Migrate HSQL Base File wiki page for reference from LO 6.3 binary

Hi Drew,

> In the ESC meeting yesterday the question of including the Migration
> Assistant (MA) feature by default in the pending 6.3 release finished with
> a decision to do so with one update the UI. Which would show the user a
> link, on the dialog box which starts the process, to a wiki page with
> detailed information on what was possible with MA presently and information
> on how to perform a migration with or without use of the MA tool.

Seems there have people decided to do this who didn't use any database
in LO. Migration has many unsolved problems and also the internal
Firebird new bugs, which doesn't exist in HSQLDB ...
And now we should inform how to migrate? I am missing arguments for this
step.
So much databases won't run well when migrating to Firebird with the
Migrating Assistant. I could inform how to migrate, but the first I
would write down: Do all this with a copy of your database and don't
wonder if you are missing views, queries won't run as expected etc. Is
this really the intention of this HowTo?

Regards

Robert