[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization
- From: Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 12:15:17 +1000
- Cc: LibreOffice Documentation <email@example.com>
On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 03:21 Dave Barton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> While uploading a reviewed chapter of the Calc Guide I looked around at
> the Nextcloud folder structure (or lack thereof) and it put me in mind
> of a moderately well stacked garbage dump.
> I will refrain from getting back on my soapbox about the naming of the
> folders, but I would like to propose that we create an "Archive" folder
> within the English > Calc Guide > 6.2 path and when a
> new/revised/reviewed file is added to either the "Feedback" or "Draft"
> folders it's predecessor is moved to the "Archive" folder. At the moment
> we have files (old and new) scattered around "Feedback" folder like
I totally agree. I was going to do that, but didn’t get to it.
> Agreed this is a million miles/kilometers away from a real versioning
> system, but at least if it ever becomes necessary to recover a previous
> edit we have a known location to rummage around in. Unfortunately this
> does not provide a solution to files directly edited via LOOL, unless we
> can encourage contributors who wish to work this way to first save a
> copy of the existing file to the "Archive" folder.
> Over the coming months I am not going to be in a position to do much
> revising or reviewing of guide chapters. However, now that Olivier has
> taken the first step in moving the contributor guides to the wiki, I
> think I may be able to spend some short periods of time working on
> updating them. In which case I may be back here asking for concusses
> about making changes to our workflow or other arrangements on a fairly
> regular basis.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file firstname.lastname@example.org|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization||Dave Barton <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Nextcloud file organization