[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Question of Terminology?

Regardless of any programming knowledge/habit/background..

I tend to consider panels as a static part of a window, which I turn is a
global container. I ‘ve come across those expressions:
- floating toolbars, dialogs or windows
- docked toolbars, dialogs or windows

I would dislike to ‘dock a deck’ as much as I refrain from floating/docking
a ´window’.

Although not discussed in this thread, multiplied panels/dialogs/ toolbars,
be they static or floating, lead me to extreme perplexity: Eclipse or the
Gimp are illustrations of blurred personal ‘perspectives’, despite their
attempts to assist me as a user. I suppose features richness comes with
complexity...

-----
cf. Designing & Developing Python Applications

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Documentation-f1645240.html