[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 05:32:27 +0200
- To: Dave Barton <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Dutch we also call it "Paneel" (Panel).
Don't know if this helps.
Dave Barton schreef op 30.05.2019 13:00:
Thanks Luke, your input (2c worth) is much appreciated. I am inclined to
agree with you on this specific aspect, but I am seeking general
consensus from the wider team/community on the standardization of this
and other terminologies used in our documentation.
Any other opinions about describing sidebar components as "Panels" or
"Decks" in the user guides?
On 27.05.2019 23:02, Luke (gmail) wrote:
My 2c is that Panel is more commonly used and understood by the
"Decks" may well be more familiar to those within the UX profession.
On 28/5/19 2:00 am, Dave Barton wrote:
I am working to finish my (very slow) review of Jean's revision of
CG6204. In the process it occurred to me that in this and other guides
we have mostly used the term "Panel" to reference parts of the sidebar,
whereas the UX/Design folks and some support channels commonly refer to
While this is definitely not a critical issue, I feel that we should as
far as possible maintain consistency in the terminology we use to
identify the components of the software's UI.
Any thoughts, or should we discuss at the next meeting?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?||Cathy Crumbley <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?||Dave Barton <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?||"Luke (gmail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?||Dave Barton <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] help with template for annotating screenshots
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Calc Guide Chapter 2 reviewed, but needs another look
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Question of Terminology?