Taken Chapter 7, Formulas and Functions for a first review

Hi team

I have taken Chapter 7, Formulas and Functions, for a first review.

Kind regards,
Kees

kees538@libreoffice.org schreef op 13.05.2019 08:47:

Hi team

I have taken Chapter 7, Formulas and Functions, for a first review.

Kind regards,
Kees

I finshed reviewing chapter 7, and I uploaded my version to the Feedback folder.

Kind regards,
Kees

Hello Kees

Thank you for reviewing Chapter 7.

When reviewing or authoring, please note that the references to tables
or figures must be restricted to the number, and not carry the category.

For example:

"See Figure 10"

keep the reference as "10" and put "Figure" as plain text.

The reason is because the word "Figure" will be translated. When the
category is included in the reference, it will not be possible to
translate without reworking all the references, with a translated category.

Kind regards
Olivier

When reviewing or authoring, please note that the references to tables
or figures must be restricted to the number, and not carry the category.

For example:

"See Figure 10"

keep the reference as "10" and put "Figure" as plain text.

The reason is because the word "Figure" will be translated. When the
category is included in the reference, it will not be possible to
translate without reworking all the references, with a translated category.

O, I didn't know that. When translating we also replace the reference to "category and number" So it wil be "Afbeelding X". The advantage is that the reference is all the word "Figure 10" instead of only the number. But I can see that is more work for the translators. So I will keep it in mind for the next review.

Kind regards,
Kees

I was not aware of that. The Contributor Guide should be updated to reflect this.