Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Styles in Guides

On 27.05.2019 13:24, Dan Lewis wrote:

> On 5/17/19 3:49 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
>> On 17.05.2019 07:49, kees538@libreoffice.org wrote:
>>> I can see now that al of menu paths, icons and buttons are in
>>> StrongEmphasis.
>>> I have one question though. In the sentence
>>>
>>>   "Table Heading
>>> This paragraph style is used in the header row of a table and is the
>>> same font size as Table Contents, but uses Bold Italic for emphasis."
>>>
>>> "Bold Italic" is in Direct Formatting. Shouldn't this be
>>> StrongEmphasie too?
>> Hi Kees,
>>
>> Yes, good catch.
>>
>> I will upload the corrected template in a little while.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dave
>
>   I disagree about Bold Italic being direct formatting. Under the Font
> tab, Bold Italic is one choice for the font style Liberation Sans. To
> me, the question is whether to use the Bold or Bold Italic style
> rather than is this formatting using styles of direct formatting. If
> the choice is Bold, then Strong Emphasis would be the proper choice to
> replace Table Heading. Otherwise, Table Heading should be retained
> with the font style Bold Italic.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

What Kees was referring to was a mistake that had somehow crept into my
update of the template. The two words "Bold Italic" in the "Table
Heading" text description of the template had been directly formatted
instead of the correct style being applied. This was not a discussions
about how or where specific styles should be applied. I can see how this
short email exchange could easily be misinterpreted, so I will try to
write more detailed replies in future.

Best Regards
Dave