Hello

Hello,

my name is Carl, and I wanted to help the LibreOffice documentation team. I'm half French, half German and I have experience working on end user documentation with KDE.

I wanted to know where can I help. English is not my mother tongue, so I prefer updating old content than creating new content from scratch.

Also does https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development contains all the important information, I should know? :slight_smile: And is writing the documentation using the Linux version of LibreOffice a problem?

Regards

Carl Schwan

Hello Carl

Welcome and thank you for your contact. The documentation team is happy
to have you participating in our effort to make LibreOffice even more
popular and valuable.

Please subscribe to our *public* mailing list (this one) and we will be
ready to start working. As a general rule, our way to communicate is
mainly in three channels:

* Our documentation mailing list, all messages achived.
* Our webchat (IRC, telegram) for immediate & quick communication
* Our periodic hangout, face-to-face virtual meeting, where we set our
goals and evaluate our progress.

*The documentation mailing list:*

Hi Carl,

I would also like welcome you to the doc's team

Just one small amendment to Olivier's answer, the Calc Guide we are
currently updating covers the release of LibreOffice version 6.2.0.2, so
it is important to check the guide content relates to that version of
the software.

It would be nice if we could always be working on the latest release,
but at the time this update was started version 6.2.0 was only in the
early stages of development and code development has now moved ahead and
we are playing catch-up.

In case you are not already subscribed to this list, our next meeting
will be on Wednesday May 29th 2019, at 18:00 UTC

Kind Regards
Dave