what is best meeting time?

Hi All,

Dave, it is  good to hear from you again.

Drew and I agreed on Wednesday that it would be great if Dave and Jean could join the biweekly meetings. We are both in US eastern time (EDT) and flexible about the meeting time. Olivier in Rio is one hour ahead of us.

My understanding is that Dave is 5 hours ahead of us in the UK and Jean is 14 hours ahead of us in Queensland.

We could certainly meet earlier to accommodate Dave. So, the question is how early we, in the Americas, could start and how late Jean would be willing to stay up. If, for example, we started at 07:00 or 7:30 EDT that would be 21:00 or 21:30 for Jean.  I am hardly a morning person but would be willing to do what I can to include others. However, that may be getting too late for Jean.

Also, it might be that whatever time we meet will preclude others from joining us. In that case, we could think about alternating meeting times.

It may be that the time zone difference is too great but think it worthwhile to at least see if we can work something out.

Jean? Olivier? Drew? Other there others on this mailing list who would join if the meeting time were more convenient for them?

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for this.

Yes, as I recall from when I lived there Australian time zone
coordination is problematic.

It might help if folks can see a direct comparison, so I set up a time
zone table based on the next meeting date May 15 (New York time) here:
https://bit.ly/2VHXWl4 A direct link to time zone comparisons between
New York, Berlin, Brisbane, Rio de Janeiro and Dublin at timeanddate.com

I can be available for short periods any time of the day except between
10:00 (pm) and 06:00 (am)

I recall seeing a proposed solution on another LO project list to have
weekly meetings at different times on alternate weeks. Not sure this
would be a good compromise, but it is an option we could try if folks
wanted to.

Best Regards
Dave

No need to try to accommodate me, because I don't attend meetings even
if/when they are at a convenient time for me. Sorry.

--Jean

Hi Team

I'm happy to shift the meeting time to accomodate comfortable times for
Europeans. Jean Weber just told us in the list she is not going to
attend meetings anyway.

I have set a doodle meeting poll at

https://doodle.com/poll/qvxr8whtwrui5sfp

Lease mark the best times for the next meeting on May 15th.

Kind regards

Olivier