TDF has been accepted as Google Seasons of Doc mentoring organization.

Hello Team

We are happy to inform that the Foundation has been accepted as
organization for the Google Seasons of Docs

The next deadline in the process is May 28th, were we must find
interested technical writers to discuss our ideas.

I have listed some of our ideas in the following wiki page

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/GSoDOC/2019

and you will recognize our permanent challenges, which is no reason to
prevent you from adding your own ideas.

I expect that, given the very wide scope of LibreOffice application
areas, we will have interested technical writers to join the program
under TDF mentoring.

We also have to nominate ourself for mentoring our technical writers.
Please forward you name if you are interested in the job.

Kind regards.

Great news Olivier,

Seeing this my first thought was to post over on social media page about it.
(CC the marking list here)

Thinking I should run this by you before I do, perhaps we want a day or two
to update the wiki page first?

Also Mike has a blog post coming out tomorrow for Month of LibreOffice and
I'm guessing this will be mentioned in that, so could just wait to share
that.

Even with the GSoD in tomorrows blog though I would want to do a separate
post within a day or two after that, so I can share it to some writer
specific groups.

Actually what makes sense is to look at a draft post tomorrow on the jitsi
call. Will have it ready.

Best wishes,

Drew

Howdy Aaron,

Well, first regarding the blog I only mentioned it because Mike said in an
earlier public post to watch for it tomorrow, that's all.

For the social media post, I'd be happy for wordsmithing suggestions.

Mostly the prior email was about timing, but yes, how about I follow up
with an email directly to the marketing list with a start (assuming you are
on the marketing list?).

Drew

Hi,

Also Mike has a blog post coming out tomorrow for Month of LibreOffice and
I'm guessing this will be mentioned in that, so could just wait to share
that.

I think this deserves a separate message. They are unrelated topics (we
don't want people to think that contributing to the Month of LibreOffice
has anything to do with Google Season of Docs, or vice-versa). We need
to keep the messaging clear and "big up" each one on its own merit :slight_smile:

Let's see what information we have already, and if Italo is planning to
write something about it, then we can work from there...

Mike

Howdy Mike,

Yes, that all makes sense; I just got all excited.

Thanks,

Drew

Hey Drew,

I'm on this email list.

I don't get any other emails.

What steps can take to help/contribute to the blog and/or help out with
social media posts?

I will write a blog post about the GSoD, possibly on Thursday (to avoid
overlapping with the Month of LibreOffice Announcement, and the LibOCon
Reminders - registration, call for papers, call for locations -
published tomorrow).