Re: [libreoffice-documentation] documentation.libreoffice - What's up with the list numbers train wreck?

Hi all

I am responsible for these HTML pages.

The HTML pages of the 5.1 Getting Started Guide is an experiment in
transmuting the ODT files into XHTML using the export to XHTML feature
of LibreOffice, available for ages.

The transmutation is not straightforward. First I inserted some <div>s
manually to manage the index, header, footer and body, turning
navigation a bit less that pure scrolling.

Second, the transformation is not perfect and has issues with the usage
of the tab character. (x)HTML don't like tab character at all. But
defaul ordered and unordered lists in LO numbering list introduce a tab
character between the bullet and the text.

To fix this, the lists styles must change the tab character to a blank
character to get a minimal displayable bullet.

That forced me to create and apply a new template for the chapters
changing the tab char to a blank char in the lists used by the Guide.

Another issue is that export to HTML cannot handle objects other than
images. OLE object are not exported and the one must convert drawings
and other objects into images.

So the conclusion is that with the current tools, there is still some
manual work to get online pages from ODT.

Note: The xHTML export is the core of the EPUB export, recently upgraded
by Miklos. I am not sure the issues were addressed.

Kind regards
Olivier