[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day
- From: Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 15:10:13 -0300
- To: email@example.com
HI Heiko, All
Very good idea and start set of tips.
After browsing some on the bottom I think there should be a minimal set
of rules for writing tips. Here are some out of my mind and not exaustive:
* Do not mention releases at all - older or in future (e.g. "5.3
implements table styles in Writer, try them!" or "Version 5.4 introduces
* Prefix or mention module name where it applies (e.g. cells in Calc or
Writer? Styles in Calc or Writer?)
* Consider writing English for ease of translation. Tips must be translated.
* Avoid cryptic jargon, because readers are end users. E.g do not write
thinks like "You can use UNO command XYZ to instantiate your methods for
reflecting objects with XSpreadsheet interface". This sounds idiot to
Some other questions...
* Is there a max size for the tip in characters?
* Will the tips be segmented per module (should!)
* Localization of images?
Em 10/04/2019 12:16, Heiko Tietze escreveu:
> We have the awesome daily tip on Twitter and shouldn't withhold this great resource of knowledge to our actual users. So I implemented a tip-of-the-day dialog that pops up once per day when a module is started. There is no sequence and the "Next tip" button and what comes the other day is random (just to not store the last used id). Advanced users can easily disabled the dialog. It will be in the nightly build tomorrow (or the next days).
> For now I used the strings from https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/marketing. But not all tips are up-to-date and it may need some revisions for proper English. I'd like to ask you to go through the list and change the strings or remove, if needed. Of course, additions are also also welcome. For collaborative work it's shared on https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/D6zAC5wddW83xWT
> Every string may contain of _one_ hyperlink, which is separated from the text (taken from "http" until the end of the line). Single \ need escaping \\.
> Last but not least every tip can have a small illustration (max 120px IIRC; larger sizes increase the dialog width). The first tip searches for tipoftheday_0.png, the second for tipoftheday_1.png etc. If not present, the light bulb from our gallery is shown. I believe those images could be a really cool eye catcher and helpful to get the point of the tip. That's a task for our great designers. Just send me the images or store it somewhere.
> Thanks a lot in advance,
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
|Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day||Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day||Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tip Of The Day