Buttons/Icons missing from the form Formatting Toolbar.

I am working to complete a chapter of the LO Calc 6.2 user guide and I
just need a couple of small screen captures to finish. I need to capture
the Formatting toolbar Text Direction and Text orientation
buttons/icons, but I cannot get them to display in Calc 6.2 on either
Windows 7 or 10.
Here https://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/filehttps://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/file
is a capture of the failed customization dialog.
Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't been able to find a report on this
issue in Bugzilla.
Are any other Windows users experiencing the same problem with toolbar
buttons/icons not displaying in Calc?

TIA
Dave

I am working to complete a chapter of the LO Calc 6.2 user guide and I
just need a couple of small screen captures to finish. I need to capture
the Formatting toolbar Text Direction and Text orientation
buttons/icons, but I cannot get them to display in Calc 6.2 on either
Windows 7 or 10.
Here https://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/filehttps://www.mediafire.com/view/330vht9270jkaiv/Missing.png/file
is a capture of the failed customization dialog.
Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't been able to find a report on this
issue in Bugzilla.
Are any other Windows users experiencing the same problem with toolbar
buttons/icons not displaying in Calc?

I confirm the problem on Windows with 6.2.2 and a fresh master build. It is not dependent on the icon theme.

On Linux, it is a different story. With 6.2.2, I see the LTR and RTL buttons, but not the text direction buttons. With master, I see all of the buttons.

I could not find an existing report.

The problem does not go away in Safe mode.

The problem is not seen in the latest commit in the win32 bibisect repos for 6.2 or 6.3.

I think I will consult the design team before doing anything else.

Ilmari

Hi Dave,
I see exactly the same problem in my older version of Libreoffice (ver.
5.1.6.2) running on Linux Mint (version 18.3).
The buttons appear for a fraction of a second when I turn these buttons on
or off but then disappear.

regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for checking. I thought it might be a Windows only issue.

I resolved my screen capture requirements by running the most recent
portable edition, where all 4 buttons appear on the formatting toolbar
by default.

In another email Ilmari indicated that he intended to consult the design
team, so I will hold off filing a bug report for the moment.

Dave

[...]

No issue with master (home made 6.3/Linux, haven't checked a nightly build). .uno:ParaLeftToRight and .uno:ParaRightToLeft have been there for a long time so any change must happened at SID_ATTR_PARA_LEFT_TO_RIGHT/SID_ATTR_PARA_RIGHT_TO_LEFT etc. There is no ticket on BZ, so it might have been fixed silently.

It is not fixed as it is a problem on Windows.

Dave: I think you can go ahead and create a report in Bugzilla. Thanks for bringing this up.

Ilmari

No issue with master (home made 6.3/Linux, haven't checked a nightly build). .uno:ParaLeftToRight and .uno:ParaRightToLeft have been there for a long time so any change must happened at SID_ATTR_PARA_LEFT_TO_RIGHT/SID_ATTR_PARA_RIGHT_TO_LEFT etc. There is no ticket on BZ, so it might have been fixed silently.

CC @QA

Believe display of the LTR and RTL toolbar buttons are dependent on the Language settings. Support for CTL (language can be none) must be checked enabled (Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages). Then restart Calc.

Indeed. Ticking "Asian" makes the Text direction buttons appear as well.
Thanks for solving the mystery, Stuart!

Ilmari