Season Of Docs from Google

This sounds like a GSOC but for technical writing.

https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/

Hi Drew

Yes. Lets plan to use it.

Interesting that the program will recognize standard and long projects.

Standard projects would begin on Sep. 2 and end NLT Nov. 22, 2019.

Long projects would begin also on Sep. 2 but can run through Feb. 21, 2020.

Either way the first deadline is April 23, 2019 at 20:00 UTC (Deadline for
organization applications)
per the timeline here:
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline

<side note>
Do we know all the US embargoed countries? [1]
They are changing faster than the tweet of a bird.
Do we have Technical writers or a possible mentors from there?

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/get-started/
"A resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States"
</side note>

Good question. As you may have found out, finding a clear answer on the US Treasury Department website is hopeless.

However, Google lists what are probably the current countries/regions: Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria

https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6023676?hl=en

It is not right that citizens of those countries are prevented from participating in a program such as this but presumably Google has no choice.

This sounds like a good program for us to participate in.

The 'embargo' rule is also found on the GSOC website, BTW. Just buried
deeper.