[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Bug 122520 foreign key constraints
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: Bug 122520 foreign key constraints
- From: Drew Jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:37:09 -0500
- To: LibreOffice <email@example.com>, LibreOffice Documentation <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Noticed that Tamas Bunth checked in two patchs today regarding MySQL
foreign keys, it is marked as fixing issues in
I wonder if it might also address the problem here.
I would give it a try with the latest 6.3 daily build in a day or two and
see if that does it.
On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM Dan Lewis <email@example.com>
> When upgrading MySQL 8.0.13 from 5.7, a problem occurs if any of the
> foreign key restraints contains a primary key with one or more capital
> letters in it. MySQL converts any capital letters to lower case in the
> foreign key restraint while still recognizing the primary key with its
> For example: the primary key is Primary_id and its foreign key is
> foreign_id. In practice, the restraint links these two fields:
> primary_id and foreign_id respectively. Since primary_id contains no
> data, the related tables can not be used in a query.
> A warning of some type should be made stating that primary keys are not
> to have any capital letters in it.
> LibreOffice mailing list
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] updating Classification information
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] New XHP editor online for testing and feedback
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Meeting minutes of the Jan 9th 2018 Doc team.
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] OmegaT has locked me out