Re: [libreoffice-documentation] updating Classification information

Hi Cor

Em 07/01/2019 20:08, Cor Nouws escreveu:
> Can you give me advice on the best basic approach for what is mentioned
> in the report:
> "
> 1 - make (part of the) Help for classification global - it is
> available in Writer, Calc and Impress
> 2 - distinct between the possibilities in Writer, Calc and Impress
> "
>
> Maybe best to create four new files. One for the global info, and from
> there point to the module specific ones (and vice versa)?

Sorry to be late here.

Answer in the bug, reproduced here:

----8<-----

Yes. The common contents can (optionally) stay in a separate file (wrapped in a <section>) and later <embed>'ed in the specific (Calc/Impress/Writer) classification help files.

If the contents is a user guide with instructions and steps to follow, then it should go to the /guide/ section of each module. If the contents gives details (references) of the classification commands and terminology, then think on placing it in folder /01/ of each module.

For example

scalc/01/classification-spreadsheet.xhp

swriter/01/classification-text.xhp

simpress/01/classification-presentation.xhp

shared/01/classification-common.xhp

so we may have 1 common, 3 references + 3 guides...

Another approach, much less trivial is to use <switch select="appl"...> and have one file with all module switched, although I think it will be dense to maintain contents.

--

Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator