[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Template
- Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Template
- From: Dave Barton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 14:17:56 +0000
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <email@example.com>
I have now uploaded the 2nd. (hopefully final) draft of the 6.x
documentation template to NC:
In reply to the comments and additions Olivier made in the previous draft:
* For the comment "/Emphasising not to use direct character formatting
via the formatting toolbar/", this has been noted and has been
stressed in the template text, also in the (yet to be completed)
* The addition "/LODialogWidget/" has mostly been resolved with:
a) Updated "/Ketstroke/" character style.
b) "/Strong Emphasis/" character style replacing "LOMenuPath".
Not sure that the "Gray 1" highlighting and borders would make
easier or better reading.
* In the introduction of this 2nd draft of the template I have added
an "IMPORTANT NOTE" to say that "/While the text of this document
contains some useful pointers about styling chapters for our
documentation, it is first and foremost a STYLES template, NOT an
alternative or a substitute for the Contributors Guide/".
* With that point in mind, I suggest that the addition "Tips and Rules
for Master Document Assembly" not be included in the template,
because the template is mainly intended for the assigning of it's
styles to an existing, or script converted, chapter and new
chapters. However, the points made are very important for the person
constructing the master document for publication. Since that person
is normally either Olivier or Jean I suggest that the addition be
given a measure of prominence in the Contributors Guide as a
reference for anyone taking on that role in future.
* Although "Rules #1 & #2" have been somewhat obsoleted by the 2nd
draft of the template, I would welcome more information about the
"/Invisible section/" and the "/loose 1 just below the word
Copyright/" referred to in Rule #4.
Some of the comments in the template are intended to be permanent
references, others are marked "/Temporary Note/" for discussion or
review by the Documentation Team.
For a future revision of the template it may be worth considering a
reduction of the textual information, to be replaced with links to the
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Minutes fo the Doc team meeting of 2018-12-12
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-documentation] Call for Papers ODE DevRoom at FOSDEM
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Documentation Template
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-documentation] Impress Chap 11