Update to Guide Contributor document

Howdy,

The last meeting we touched on updating the Contributor guide to start
referencing TDF NC vs ODFAuthors website.

Towards that end did some simple find and replace on the document and
uploaded a copy, found in the same folder and named 2 - Producing LO Guides
(2).odt. (for those with access to the workgroup folder the direct link is
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/88184)

In addition I moved a copy of the Liberation font archive from the
ODFAuthors site to the TDF NC server and created a public, read only, link
to that file for use in the updated document URL for same.

Also changed the URL in the document for the Guide Template to point to, a
newly created read only link, the temp latest file on the NC server.
(realizing this will need to be changed when the template is finalized).

Just to let you know.

Best wishes

Drew

Hi Drew,

Howdy,

The last meeting we touched on updating the Contributor guide to start
referencing TDF NC vs ODFAuthors website.

Towards that end did some simple find and replace on the document and
uploaded a copy, found in the same folder and named 2 - Producing LO Guides
(2).odt. (for those with access to the workgroup folder the direct link is
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/88184)

The old (ODFAuthors) guides I moved to NC need a lot more work than just
a change of reference to NC. I have proposed that all of the 5 chapters
be updated and merged into one book to simplify things for new
contributors. In fact I have already started work on the Style Guide.

I am in the point of finalizing the template, the styles are done and I
just need to get confirmation from other team members about some of the
text changes I propose to make. (See my next post)

In addition I moved a copy of the Liberation font archive from the
ODFAuthors site to the TDF NC server and created a public, read only, link
to that file for use in the updated document URL for same.

Not sure we need those fonts now, because Liberation is included in the
LO installation file.

Also changed the URL in the document for the Guide Template to point to, a
newly created read only link, the temp latest file on the NC server.
(realizing this will need to be changed when the template is finalized).

Just to let you know.

Best wishes

Drew

Thanks & Regards
Dave

Howdy Dave,

Hi Drew,

> Howdy,
>
> The last meeting we touched on updating the Contributor guide to start
> referencing TDF NC vs ODFAuthors website.
>
> Towards that end did some simple find and replace on the document and
> uploaded a copy, found in the same folder and named 2 - Producing LO
Guides
> (2).odt. (for those with access to the workgroup folder the direct link
is
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/88184)

The old (ODFAuthors) guides I moved to NC need a lot more work than just
a change of reference to NC. I have proposed that all of the 5 chapters
be updated and merged into one book to simplify things for new
contributors. In fact I have already started work on the Style Guide.

Great. Well the changes I made to Chaper 2 and Chapter 3 (other email on
that) are simply what was talked about in the meeting and just a start,
which is why it went straight back to the server.

I won't touch Chapter 5, given you have started already.

Hmmpf - is there a Chapter 4 somewhere?

Thanks,

Drew

Hi Drew,