Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Translating Base Handbook into English

Le 01/12/2018 à 15:47, Dan Lewis a écrit :

> On 12/1/18 2:34 AM, Robert Großkopf wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>>> I would like to do this if possible. What I need is documentation at to
>>> how to do it in terms of programs required. Also, what version in German
>>> should be used for translation?
>> Let us wait a little bit - I 'm just testing how to manage the changing
>> from HSQLDB to Firebird. The Version for LO 6.2 should contain all these
>> parts.
>>
>> You could find the latest version of Base-handbook here:
>> http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/index.php
>>
>> There is on the right side of the page a part called
>> "Bearbeitungsversionen" (version under construction? - my English isn't
>> the best). I put all new content into this folder.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Robert
>
> Danke. I will wait then on the actual translating part. I still have
> Pootle to learn how to use. Also, Bearbeitungsversionen is translated by
> Google as processing versions. I think I would use the phrase as "Draft
> versions" since these are the ones that still need to have more work
> done on them. Yet I understand what you meant by "versions under
> construction."

I don't think will set a project for this translation on Pootle because
you'd need to get the sources as .po files. Projects on Pootle are
related to LibreOffice code or website.
Instead, we have a translation project dedicated to guides on Github
(https://github.com/LibreOffice/OmegaT)
Using OmegaT (https://omegat.org/) will allow you to translate and
commit transparently just buy saving, and allow you to work with a large
variety of file formats (TDF ledgers are translated each month from
German using OmegaT for example)
You will find a short guide here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UsingOmegaT

Let me know if you need further help.