Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Translating Base Handbook into English

On 30.11.2018 20:24, Dan Lewis wrote:

> On 11/30/18 3:19 PM, Dave Barton wrote:
>> On 30.11.2018 19:48, Dan Lewis wrote:
>>> I would like to do this if possible. What I need is documentation at
>>> to how to do it in terms of programs required. Also, what version in
>>> German should be used for translation?
>>>
>>> Dan
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> My suggestion would be to contact Robert Gro├čkopf and the German
>> language team. I assume you have knowledge of German, so the
>> https://de.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/ should be a
>> reasonable starting point.
>>
>> BTW. You have long been an important contributor to the docs team, so
>> it's great to see you becoming active again in whatever capacity you
>> choose.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Dave
>
> I helped translate the chapter on queries using Pootle around version
> 3.5 or 4.0. I was hoping to be able to use this program again. So far,
> it seems like a very steep learning curve just to install the program!
>
> Dan

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Other than Italian, anything beyond
Google translate is outside my limited linguistic ability. Maybe Sophie
could offer you some guidance about using Pootle or an alternative to
help you do what you want to achieve.

Dave