Re: [libreoffice-documentation] What baffles users? What help do they need?

Howdy,

inline comments

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:43 PM Cathy Crumbley <catcrumb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> <snip>

> So, how do we know how to be most helpful for users? We discussed this
> briefly in the documentation call yesterday and I agreed to raise the
> issue here.
>
> In my mind, documentation includes the user guides and help files but
> could also include additional FAQs, tips, and tutorials. (Researching
> and writing the latter might be good tasks/tests for new volunteers.)
>
> <snip>

*Passive User Feedback*

> What mechanisms are there for users to give us comments and suggestions?

So there support in the TDF infrastructure for tracking documentation
deficiencies in the Bugzilla system used to track software defects and
enhancement requests.
There is a wiki page with a couple of predefined searches against the
database of issues, found at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Components/Documentation/Help

Best wishes,

Drew

Checking the search for open issues against 'Spreadsheet' it finds 30
currently, majority deals with the help system.

The guides invite users to send feedback to this mailing list. What has