Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tabbed notebook bar will no longer be experimental with 6.2 release

On 13.11.2018 17:06, Dan Lewis wrote:

> On 11/13/18 11:47 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
>> On 13.11.2018 13:43, Drew Jensen wrote:
>>> Howdy all,
>>>
>>> With the decision to bring the tabbed notebook bar from experimental
>>> to a
>>> standard feature I suppose the question becomes:
>>> What, if anything, does this mean for the user guides?
>>>
>>> For those that may not know, when the user chooses to use the
>>> notebook bar
>>> it will replace the standard toolbars in all (almost all) components
>>> in the
>>> application.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Drew
>> Just one difference, many times more work for documentation, because we
>> will have to cover:
>>
>>    * Standard Toolbar
>>    * Single Toolbar
>>    * Contextual groups
>>    * Contextual Single
>>    * Tabbed
>>    * Tabbed Compact
>>    * Groupedbar
>>    * Groupedbar Compact
>>
>> Fine for the refugees from MS, but we have to document all this for the
>> uninitiated.
>>
>> Dave
>
> +1 I have not done any work using the notebook bar so I have no idea
> how this will work. I also notice that Help for 6.2 Alpha1 does not
> have the menu entries correct. View > Toolbar Layout does not exist.
> It should be View > User Interface.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

You are correct about the current nightly not having the menu entry.
According to the developer commits it will appear in the nightly build
within the next 24-48 hours.

Also, as Drew posted, the "Tabbed" option will be the only one available
in the standard menu.

Regards
Dave