Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Tabbed notebook bar will no longer be experimental with 6.2 release

On 11/13/18 11:47 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
On 13.11.2018 13:43, Drew Jensen wrote:
Howdy all,

With the decision to bring the tabbed notebook bar from experimental to a
standard feature I suppose the question becomes:
What, if anything, does this mean for the user guides?

For those that may not know, when the user chooses to use the notebook bar
it will replace the standard toolbars in all (almost all) components in the
application.

Thoughts?

Best wishes,

Drew
Just one difference, many times more work for documentation, because we
will have to cover:

* Standard Toolbar
* Single Toolbar
* Contextual groups
* Contextual Single
* Tabbed
* Tabbed Compact
* Groupedbar
* Groupedbar Compact

Fine for the refugees from MS, but we have to document all this for the
uninitiated.

Dave

+1 I have not done any work using the notebook bar so I have no idea how this will work. I also notice that Help for 6.2 Alpha1 does not have the menu entries correct. View > Toolbar Layout does not exist. It should be View > User Interface.

Dan