Info request about guides release plan

Hello all,

As in the italian localization team we are going to decide which guides localize next, and as I've seen you're working on Calc 6.2, I was wondering if there's a release plan for LibreOffice official guides.

And... are you planning to release guides for all 6 applications with this major release (6.x)?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks :slight_smile:

Howdy,

Sorry that this just sat here for a few day.

Olivier would be the person to answer regularly but he was on a well
deserved vacation this week.

Anyway, there is a regular weekly meeting on Wednesday (19:00 Berline time)
and I would expect that this will be part of next weeks discussion.

I would like to add one thing prior - about schedules. It would be quicker
if there were people willing to write and I assume translation is quicker
then writing from scratch. So I wonder if you have any guides already
created or in the works in Italian that the English speakers could look at
translating?

Best wishes,

Drew

Howdy,

Sorry that this just sat here for a few day.

No problem :slight_smile:

Olivier would be the person to answer regularly but he was on a well
deserved vacation this week.

Anyway, there is a regular weekly meeting on Wednesday (19:00 Berline time)
and I would expect that this will be part of next weeks discussion.

ok, thank you for letting me know

I would like to add one thing prior - about schedules. It would be quicker
if there were people willing to write and I assume translation is quicker
then writing from scratch.

Sure

  So I wonder if you have any guides already
created or in the works in Italian that the English speakers could look at
translating?

Deeply sorry, but the answer is no... we are just a few people... we don't have time to write new guides from scratch.

Best wishes,

Drew

To you :slight_smile:
Luca

Hello Luca

Hello all,

As in the italian localization team we are going to decide which guides
localize next, and as I've seen you're working on Calc 6.2, I was
wondering if there's a release plan for LibreOffice official guides.

And... are you planning to release guides for all 6 applications with
this major release (6.x)?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks :slight_smile:

I'm glad you raised the Calc Guide issue. Effectively the Calc Guide is
the most demanded guide we have and our documentation team is now
focusing on it to bring CG release 6.2

However, the guides are produced by volunteers so it is complicated to
define deadlines and be accountable for missing target dates. We love to
have CG at the same time as the release of the software (February 2019),
but we all know it requires a lot of effort in 5 months.

We always dream to have more brains, eyes and hands joining our team.

Kind regards