Question about reviewing chapters

Hi,

I'm reviewing Chapter 12 of the Getting Started with LibreOffice manual,
and I just wanted to confirm the general approach for such a review.

The previous reviewer has included notes with questions about how certain
things should be handled. Who makes the ultimate determination on those
type of questions? Am I supposed to use my best judgment, consult an
expert, bring them up to this mailing list, or do something else? I'm
unsure how to proceed.

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohen
E: jonathanacohen@gmail.com
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanacohen2008/>

Hi Jonathan,

As far as I am aware there is no set procedure. Under normal
circumstances editors use their own best judgement, making their edits
with "Track Changes" turned on and adding "Comments" where appropriate,
so that another reviewer can propose corrections and/or changes. With
the current Getting Started chapters we are in a slightly different
situation, in that the edits we are doing now are intended to be the
final revision before publication.

Others should jump in and correct me if they have a different proposal,
but here's what I suggest:

  * If you encounter a specific issue/mistake write to the list with
    details asking for advice/confirmation.
  * Return your edits with "Track Changes" and "Comments" asking for
    another team member to take a look at your edits.
  * Raise the issue for discussion at the next Docs Team meeting.

Technically Olivier is the closest we get to having a final arbiter, but
as a general rule we try to reach a consensus by those folks working on
a guide.

Thank you for stepping forward to help with finishing and publishing the
"Getting Started" guide.

Best Regards

Dave

Hello Johnathan
Please use you best judgment or bring it to our weekly meeting for live
discussion.

Regards
Olivier