Figure numbering problem in GS6008

Hi,

looking at the GS6008 chapter in the Feedback LO 6.0 folder for
localization (as it says it is ready for publishing) I see there is a small
problem with the numbering of one figure (it might be an intentional thing,
because those two figures are subnumbered with a and b - maybe they should
be both under same number of the second one should get its own number):

Figure 229b: Positioning of controls (right side of form)

Well, this one is not in coded numbering, it is only a typed number, which
will present a problem when chapters will be put together for a full guide
and this number will not bump automatically to 200 and something b.

Lp, m.

Hi,
I spotted another issue in GS6007 (Draw) where a reference to a page (below
marked with asterisks) became hardcoded as a number (was a field in
previous versions):
All of these methods open the <f7>Line</f7> dialog (Figure
<t8>11</t8><s9/>on page ***13***), where you can set line properties.

Lp, m.

The typed number 229b was a trivial typo carried forward from the
previously published chapter, which should have read 22b. The fact that
it was intentionally manually typed will have no impact on any future
automatic figure renumbering. A new file, with the trivial typo
corrected, has now been uploaded to ODF Authors and I still consider
this chapter ready for publication.

Dave

So, this will remain a bug.

There are places in the guide where there are two screenshots under the
same number.

Putting this chapter into one book will cause this number not to
automatically update, because it is not autonumbered. So will that warning
be written somewhere for the maker of the full guide?

Lp, m.

Also, starting to update translations with the GS6007 I found there were
still three references to "Style and Formatting" window (now "Styles").

Lp, m.

Your assumptions are incorrect.

So, this will remain a bug.

No. It is intentional, NOT a bug.

There are places in the guide where there are two screenshots under the
same number.

No. There is ONE number (22) associated ONE screenshot (22a). The second
non-linked screenshot (22b) is positioned immediately adjacent to the
first and will remain so as any changes are made to the chapter, or full
book merges are performed. My understanding is that the original author
of the previous edition wanted to have a good quality (not resized to an
unreadable degree) screen shot of the same subject and chose to provide
two captures immediately adjacent to each other.

Putting this chapter into one book will cause this number not to
automatically update, because it is not autonumbered.

No. Please look again at the document and my previous statements

So will that warning
be written somewhere for the maker of the full guide?

Not necessary. The person who will merge the chapters into the full
guide follows this list and is now fully informed of your thoughts on
this matter.

Lp, m.

If this is of concern and you still consider it to be a bug, I suggest
you retract the document from ODF Authors, make the corrections you
consider necessary and resubmit your revised document for publication.

Dave
PS. Please note the @noreply tag at the end of my messages.

If this is of concern and you still consider it to be a bug, I suggest
you retract the document from ODF Authors, make the corrections you
consider necessary and resubmit your revised document for publication.

I do consider it a bug, but I am ovewhelmed by the l10n work I do. But if
you take over the l10n to Slovenian (of LibreOffice UI and help and the
GS), I can do that. :slight_smile:

PS. Please note the @noreply tag at the end of my messages.

Sure, sorry, will remove your address from my addressbook.

Lp, m.

I have now had opportunity to go back to the Draw Chapter 7 of the GS6.0
guide I previously reviewed and edited. After a thorough search (both
manually and using the AltSearch extension) I am unable to locate ANY
reference to "Style and Formatting" in that document. If anyone else can
find one or more instances of this reference in that file please post
back with the page numbers where they are located.

Dave

Now this is seriously pedantic. There was no Figure 11 on page 13 in
previous versions of this chapter. The Figure 11 reference link goes to
page 13. However, I have now uploaded a new copy of the chapter file to
ODF Authors, the only change being the cross-reference link to page 13
you require.

Dave