Report on FR documentation project

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a brief report on the meeting we had in the FR
documentation project (thanks Olivier for attending it :slight_smile:

After a very quiet period, we want to revive the project and have tried
to find solutions to attract more contributors. The fact is that
translating guides is a to difficult task for our community, update of
pictures, proof reading, etc take too much time.
We then have decided to concentrate our efforts on the FAQ. We will
update it and complete it to something between short how-tos and guides.

We will work in French, but I'll ask on the website list if it's
possible to install the Translate extension to the wiki. If it's
possible, I'll work on the English translation.

Cheers
Sophie

Hi all
Sophie, "to concentrate our efforts on the FAQ" - this looks interesting. Can you give more details about this? Is this a translation or documentation project? How this is going to work, can everybody contribute to it??
Cheers,Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

Hi all
Sophie, "to concentrate our efforts on the FAQ" - this looks interesting. Can you give more details about this? Is this a translation or documentation project? How this is going to work, can everybody contribute to it??

This is a documentation project from the French speaking community.
Everybody speaking French will be able to contribute to it. Then we will
try to translate the work done in English. I've asked on the website
list if it's possible to install the translation extension on the wiki
to make it easier to follow on other languages.

Cheers
Sophie

Are the Translation Memory modules available for downloading?
If so, what is the URL?

jonathon

Hi Sophie

This is a documentation project from the French speaking community -> I think this is a great idea, that's why I asked. I'd like to contribute more for the LO documentation but sometimes I find it hard, difficult to know exactly what to do, how to help. So, I think in a collaborative environment  would be easier to help.

Thanks,Andrea.