Minutes of the documentation team 9/27/2017

Wednesday September 27th 2017, 19:00 CET

* Presents: Olivier, Dave, Jorge

Task COMPLETED

Dave
    + Merge issues in Chap 4,
        + Completed

Olivier: took chapter 2
       + Completed

COVER PAGE

Cover page and back page (consensus by Doc team)
Proposal by Leo Moons, but:
     + The header has a wrong logo.
     + The header color is not the 6.0 branding color
     + The "Documentation team" must be in the body,
         + above the Title
         + out of the logo
     + Restore logo to official
     + Keep body, icons, footer, background as is

https://goo.gl/tQqivF
AI: ask Design team for help in fixing the branding issues (olivier)

NEXT STEPS

* Blog Post on the team (olivier, pending)
   Let's make a blog post on team members
       + one paragraph
            + who you are
            + interest in contributing to 6.0
        + one photograph
        + Example:
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2017/03/15/meet-the-brazilian-libreoffice-5-3-team/

* Continue revision

Chapter merge 6 (Dave)

Chapter 1 Revision (Jorge)

* Teamwork (olivier)
      + Calc topic to Paul for documenting

      + Calc topic for Jorge

NEXT MEETING: Wednesday October 4th 2017, at 19:00 Berlin Time

Hi Dave and all:

I just to start with this issue agreed yesterdey:

Chapter 1 Revision (Jorge), but in the ODFAuthors, I find this last revision (Below), and I can't find the merged document Chapter 1. Would you please help me, where can I find it ?

Chapter 1 Getting Started 6.0 <https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-6.0/chapter-1-getting-started-6.0-2/view> — by Dave Barton <https://www.odfauthors.org/author/bmcs> — last modified Aug 28, 2017 07:05 AM
    Revised version with reference to export of Flash (SWF) format files
    removed.

Regards,

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

Now that we have a full merged chapter, it has been returned to the
"/Feedback/" folder.

Here is a direct link.http://bit.ly/2wZjo9D

I would suggest that you also put your reviewed copy back in the
"/Feedback/" folder.

As discussed at yesterday's meeting, I will be doing a little
housekeeping to tidy up the GS 6.0 folders on ODF Authors, so that the
contents are a little less confusing.

Regards
Dave

Hello,

I am sorry I could not make it to the meeting. Can I reply about my cover page in the text?

Wednesday September 27th 2017, 19:00 CET

* Presents: Olivier, Dave, Jorge

Task COMPLETED

Dave
     + Merge issues in Chap 4,
         + Completed

Olivier: took chapter 2
        + Completed

COVER PAGE

Cover page and back page (consensus by Doc team)
Proposal by Leo Moons, but:
      + The header has a wrong logo.

I thought that page icon and the LibreOffice word were two separate logo's which could be combined in a way I wanted and therefore included Documentation Team in a whole new logo. If this is not allowed, I can live withe original from Dave. What about to ask permission

      + The header color is not the 6.0 branding color

It is a gradient from LibreOfiice Green 0 to LibreOffice Green 3, using LibreOffice tool.
What about to ask permission to use my "new logo" and my colour gradient?

      + The "Documentation team" must be in the body,
          + above the Title
          + out of the logo
      + Restore logo to official
      + Keep body, icons, footer, background as is

https://goo.gl/tQqivF
AI: ask Design team for help in fixing the branding issues (olivier)

The footer is too bright for me. I am in dubio as I know it is the offical LibreOffice colour, which is nice for letters but not for an area (IMHO). I will try and come with a better idea. I am also thinking about including the documentation team logo with the coloured figures as printed on mugs and buttons. I will let you know.

Keep up the good work

Best regards

Leo

Hi Dave:

Thank you, I will review as you request and then I ' ll tell you the results,

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

Hi Dave, Olivier and All:

I already upload a:

1) My comment added to GS6005-Getting StartedWith Calc_JR-28092017-1.odt, about Chart topic (Getting Start Folder)

2) The reviewing of GS6001-Introducing_LibreOffice_OH-Rev-JR.odt (Getting Start - Feedback Folder)

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

Hi allI've copy/past text from my email to LO-Writer, and the text came with lines/borders??
I've tried the same procedure used to remove horizontal line but it didn't work:
1. "Format - Paragraph - Borders" - "Set All Four Borders" button. Click "OK"
2."Format - Paragraph - Borders" "Set No Borders" button and clicked" clicked "OK" button
The "gray" borders didn't disappear.I don't know what is the issue here, so I don't know what to look for in the Helps.Does anybody know how to get rid of these borders?Thank you in advance.Andrea.

Hi Andrea,

The documentation mailing list is not the best place to ask questions
like this. There are many more people available on the "users" mailing
list: users@global.libreoffice.org or the Forum:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/

I will attempt to offer some suggestions here, but in the absence of
detailed information about the procedure you are using, I will have to
make a number of guesses and assumptions.

Assuming you are actually copying real text (not an image) the copy from
your web browser may well appear on the clipboard in a number of
different formats (eg. Formatted HTML, Plain Text, etc.)

My guess would be that you are using a simple paste option (eg. *Ctrl +
V* keyboard shortcut), which in most copying from web pages results in
the clipboard contents being pasted as Formatted HTML that might be
generating the lines/boarders. I am unable to replicate this issue and
cannot propose a method of removing them. However, for future reference
you might want to use Writer,s "/Paste Special…/" option to paste as
"/Unformatted text/". The "/Paste Special…/" option can be accessed via
the main toolbar "/Paste/" split button drop down list, from the main
menu "/Edit → //Paste Special…/" option (see below), or by the *Ctrl +
Shift + V* keyboard shortcut.

    The menu option and the keyboard shortcut both open a selection
    dialog (see below).

Hope this helps.

I have cc'd you because this mailing list server removes embedded images
and attachments.

Regards
Dave

"Forum: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/" ===> Thank you, Dave! Next time I'll use the forum.