Introduction

Hi there;

I am interested in joining the documentation team and would need access to
the ODFAuthors website.

I do not have much familiarity with *technical *writing, having been a
fiction writer in my younger years. However, since I am not a programmer
or developer but am finding a need to contribute *something* it seems that
documentation is the perfect fit.

To prepare and test myself, I downloaded chapter 1 of the Calc 4.1 guide
and tried my hand at updating it's style guide to 5.X, testing its
instructions against my current build (5.3.4), and editing as necessary.
It was fun and I enjoyed it and would like to continue helping out in some
capacity.

Thank you for your time.

Paul Figueiredo

Hello Paul

Thank you for your mail.

Can you send me privately a login name and a mail address for ODFAuthor
website?

I'll set the necessary authorizations.

Regards
Olivier

Hello Paul

It may be better to look ahead and update the documents for the next 6.0
release, due next February. That will include the 5.3 (that you did) and
5.4 (to be released before August) and follow the development of the 6.0
release (on-going).

In case you want to have a glimpse to the 5.3, 5.4 and 6.0, visit these
pages:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.4
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.0

regards

Olivier

For sure. I had a glance at the 6.0 and 5.4 change logs to see what was
coming down the pipe. Are there style guides for the 6.0 documentation?
Or is it keeping the 5.X style guide?