MenuPath/KeyStroke Styles

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is an obvious question. I am currently revising Ch. 9 of the WG for LibreOffice 5.3. In the L.O. Chapter 5 template, it mentions the styles "MenuPath" and "KeyStroke." I searched through the "Resources for Contributors" folder and the Documentation wiki, but I still don't know how to access these styles. Can anyone explain how?

Thank you.

Hi Joshua,

Maybe I have misunderstood your question, but this is explained in
chapter 6 of the Writer Guide.

They are both character styles. Open the "Styles and Formatting"
window/panel (eg. F11 key) and look under character styles.

Their names imply their intended use.
MenuPath = The steps down through a menu. eg. "File -> Open...".
KeyStroke = This one defies definition :wink:

In the template you can see examples of their use:
MenuPath - has been applied to "As character" in the last line on Page 4
and "Insert > Caption" at the top of page 5..
KeyStroke - has been applied to "Right-click" and other keystrokes
listed in Table 1 on Page 5.

Regards
Dave

Open the Sidebar, go to the Styles & Formatting tab, then Character Styles.
You should see them there.

Have you read the chapter on Styles in the Getting Started Guide?

P.S. Did you tell this list you were working on the Writer Guide? If so, I
missed your note. We need to coordinate, because I have been revising that
entire book. Or did you mean some other book?

--Jean

More re Writer Guide:
If you're updating Ch9 (Working with Tables) of WG4.2 to v5.3, that's
great! I haven't got to it yet. It will be numbered 14 in WG5.3.

You can see the current list of chapters, and the status of work I've
been doing, on this wiki page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Writer_Guide

You've probably already found the folder for drafts of the updated
WGv5.3 chapters:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/drafts-v5.3

Welcome to the team!

--Jean

Hi, Dave.

Thanks for your help. I saw the other styles listed in the template are listed immediately under the Styles tab, so I thought perhaps I needed to download a custom style. My apologies for not looking further.

Thanks.

Hi, Jean.

I'm sorry that I didn't notify the mailing list of my work. I am new to such an endeavor and followed the documentation list wiki, perhaps too closely. I presumed I did not update mailing list until I submitted to the drafts folder for feedback and any issues would be noted by more seasoned-than-I documentation members.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.