What is the difference between...

Hi *,

I'm comparing again Numbers with LibreOffice functions.

I just notice: What is the actual difference between:

BETA.DIST and BETADIST (except the order of parameters)

and

BETA.INV and BETAINV

?

In the online help there is no clue/hint! Actually both results are the
same. I guess one is ODF and the other is Excel complaint or so...

Dennis

(PS: please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed!)

Hi Dennis

AFAIK, many Excel functions were renamed after v2013 to extend the
number of arguments. For backward compatibility reasons new names were
introduced to avoid errors.

LibreOffice followed the same scheme. Wilfried Donkers and Eike Rahtke
are the developers.

Olivier