Hi Olivier,

the last one for today :slight_smile:
Cheers
Sophie

Hi Sophie

Those in Help are fixed.

Regards

Olivier

Thanks a lot! Is there any quick reference or FAQ to help the author
about writing style (like Menu's entries are separated by a single - and
no -> or >, or the sign & is not to be used in Menu names, etc.)
I remember Liz Matthis sent me a guide long time ago, but not sure it's
still somewhere. Is it something that would be interesting?
Cheers
Sophie

Hi Sophie

Hi Sophie

Those in Help are fixed.

Thanks a lot! Is there any quick reference or FAQ to help the author
about writing style (like Menu's entries are separated by a single - and
no -> or >, or the sign & is not to be used in Menu names, etc.)
I remember Liz Matthis sent me a guide long time ago, but not sure it's
still somewhere. Is it something that would be interesting?
Cheers
Sophie

I am not aware of a style guide specific for help contents style. In
general, Jean H. Weber's guide for writing documentation is a good start
but will not address issues like dashes in menus paths.

A page on these style for writing help pages can be useful but I fear to
rise the entry barrier for volunteers, if too steep or too cumbersome.
The truth is that we still use a very old, utterly complex, very hard to
edit help system.

Regards

The problem is that then lot of typos are made which are impacting
hundred of translators. And translators will be affected again when
typos are corrected, string will be mark as fuzzy.
Maybe a short FAQ with the most important things like structure should
help both the authors and translators. And also maybe a deeper check of
the patches before committing them.

Cheers
Sophie