Contribution

Hi, I am a new contributor. As a libre office user I would like to contribute as part of a project I am doing. Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Many thanks Bilal.

Hello Bilal

Welcome.

In what area of the documentation would you like to contribute? There
are plenty of areas where help is needed.

Kind regards

Olivier

Hi :slight_smile:
Please can someone register Bilal at ODFauthors?

@ Bilal. There are many different things you could work on within the
Documentation Team. It's also possible that you might want to translate
from/to English. Typically people want to start with proof-reading the
Published Guides and occasionally (but very rarely) the Faq wiki but there
are other wikis and also the "in-built help"

The ODFauthors website is the tool for working on the Published Guides, in
English, as found here;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

The guide in most urgent need of proof-reading is the "Base Handbook".
Most people avoid it because they don't know how to use Base and it scares
them. However proof-reading shouldn't really need any understanding of the
subject-matter. It probably helps but if there is any sentence or anything
that doesn't make sense to someone who doesn't already know the subject
then the guide is not doing the job that it is being made for = so it's a
good idea to post the sentence/chunk to this mailing list to see if anyone
here can make it easier to understand. There are quite a few experts on
Base on the User Support mailing list who might also be able to help make
sense of it.

However the choice of what you first work on is entirely up to you. It
does kinda make sense to work on something you are comfortable with at
first so that you can figure out how to use the systems before using them
on something trickier later. The choice is yours :))

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: