Impress Guide - Chapter 1 - Draft - New Version

Hello

I have uploaded a new version of Chapter 1 of the Impress Guide into the drafts folder on Alfresco.

Comments as follows:

1. Several screen shots have been changed to match LO 3.4.

2. Text has been altered so that it matches the Impress 3.4 software.

3. Terminology for Master Pages (slide masters) now matches the software, that is Master Pages. It is better to use terms that appear in the software so that the user does not get confused.

4. This version matches more closely the Impress chapter in the Getting Started Guide, which is also being edited by yours truly.

Attached is a zip file containing the new screen shots and icons.

I did try to submit the document for review, but kept getting the error message "message.simple-workflow.failure". Is there a problem with the system?

Regards

Peter Schofield

I have uploaded a new version of Chapter 1 of the Impress Guide into the drafts folder on Alfresco.

Comments as follows:

1. Several screen shots have been changed to match LO 3.4.

2. Text has been altered so that it matches the Impress 3.4 software.

3. Terminology for Master Pages (slide masters) now matches the software, that is Master Pages. It is better to use terms that appear in the software so that the user does not get confused.

Oh, good, if LO has made its terminology consistent, that's great. In
OOo the terms "master pages" and "slide masters" and "master slides"
were used interchangeably in the software, hence the mixture of terms
used in the book from which this one was derived.

4. This version matches more closely the Impress chapter in the Getting Started Guide, which is also being edited by yours truly.

Attached is a zip file containing the new screen shots and icons.

No attachments to the list. Don't even think of it! (It didn't come
through anyway.) Upload to the Drafts folder, please.

--Jean

Hello Jean

Your reply has made me check about slide masters and I have just found it
View > Master > Slide Master. Definitely one correction that has to be done.

Master Pages appears in the Tasks Pane of the opening screen which is why I
used that term to prevent confusion with users and guess who got confused.

After checking rival products where Slide Master and Master Slide are used,
I think we can stay with Slide Master. The text in the guide will have
highlight what Master Pages in the Tasks pane actually means.

Thinking cap is now on.

Peter

We used to have some notes in various places, particularly in Chapter
2, that mentioned this discrepancy in terms.

Darn! You had me all excited there for a minute. :wink:

--Jean

Hi :slight_smile:
You can upload attachments to Nabble but a better place for the screenshots might be just Afresco alongside your uploaded document?
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hello

Draft Version 1.3 of Impress Guide Chapter 01 has been uploaded for comment
and review. Also uploaded a zip file containing all the screen shots used.

I have incorporated all of Jean's comments and made some additional
changes/improvements. You can always see clearer when you look at a document
the second time.

Regards

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Good work. I've made some minor editorial and layout
changes to the file and promoted it to the Proofing folder.

--Jean

OK. I've downloaded this and I'll have a look at it over the next few days.

Hi
I've suggested a few changes on the Getting Starter with Writer guide.
This has already been published, but I've uploaded a new version. I hope I've done this right.
Feedback will be appreciated.

John