Licensing for NEW documents

I don't believe TDF is the copyright owner of the documentation Jean is referring to.

They are not works produced for hire (an important case rather specific to US Copyright Law) and without an explicit transfer of copyright to the TDF, the TDF has at most the license that is offered on the works by their authors.

I am confident that an organization that avoids collecting CLAs of any flavor and accepts licenses to code via e-mail declarations is not getting any copyrights from anyone [;<).

- Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote

I am confident that an organization that avoids collecting CLAs of any
flavor and accepts licenses to code via e-mail declarations is not getting
any copyrights from anyone [;<).

Non sequitur. The form used to collect such declaration is irrelevant to the
content thereof.
TDF does not require Copyright Assignment/CLA. It is a conscious choice.
A verbal contract as as much force-of-law than a written one. An
email-declaration of license, especially published in a public and archived
mailing-list is just as good as a paper one mailed somewhere. at least with
the former everybody is privy to the actual contact, no secret 'grant' that
can't/won't be disclosed publicly...

Norbert