Base Guide copyright and contributors

Two thoughts about the copyright page for the LO Base Guide:

1) The OOo version of the existing chapters has not been published,
and I understand that Dan Lewis is writing the LO version and OOo
version in parallel. Therefore IMO the copyright page does not need
the Acknowledgements section stating "This chapter is based upon..."
with the list of contributors to the OOo chapter; all of those
contributors should instead be listed in the Contributors section of
both books and the Acks section removed.

2) As this book is unpublished, IMO it is a "new" document and could
be licensed under Apache and CC-BY-SA as I suggested in a previous
note... as long as all contributors agree. I believe we can contact
all of those contributors to get their agreement, if they don't spot
this note and speak up on this list.

What do others think? Dan, am I correct in item 1 about you writing
the two books in parallel?

--Jean

I am writing the two versions in parallel. I am also getting help
in various parts from people from both groups. So I agree with both your
points. The only person that would need to be contacted is Zoltan. He
and Helen are the only ones who have contributed to the content.

--Dan

Hi :slight_smile:
Perhaps they could have brackets under their name like

Zoltan
(Apache)

or something like that if they are adamant about restricting themselves to just 1 project?
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: