[VI] Art work for User Guide covers

Hi,

Over the weekend Jean Hollis-Weber was good enough to nudge with regards
to cover art for the User Guides - leading to a round of emails between
Christoph N., K-j, Jean and myself.

One proposal coming out of this exchange, 'Ice Castle', is available for
review at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_DocumentationFronts#International

Comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Best wishes,

//drew

Hi :slight_smile:
Wow!! I really like those :slight_smile:

On the GS Guide would it be good to have the logos for all the apps?  Perhaps top-right corner or in the centre?  I saw an excellent wallpaper once but i'm not sure it would scale well.  Anyway, i like the GS one as it is now, err as the draft design is now anyway! :slight_smile:
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Drew, great job. I am really excited about these cover designs. Now if
the team would just get the content updated to put between the covers,
we'd be in great shape. :wink:

Tom, I see logos for all the apps on the GS Guide cover. (Perhaps Drew
uploaded a new one after you wrote?)

--Jean

simply fantastic! :slight_smile:

Hi,

These look absolutely great. There's not so much more to say for me
here, except, um, they look nice and clean. Nice font selection, too.
Wait, one small issue I do have: including a "copyright bar" at the
bottom, especially such a large one doesn't really make sense to me
for the front cover. Why not move it to the imprint/back cover?

Astron.

Hello Stefan, Tom, etc.

Thanks - but really the kudos go to Christoph and K-J.

@Tom - I don't really think I'd muck up the module based guides with the
graphic bugs from the others, ala the GS guide - just my .02 on that.

@Stefan - I take your point - truthfully I was thinking less about
copyright attribution. more just brazen name recognition. As there
aren't any back covers included here and the only constant is
change..who knows, maybe things will creep to the back.

I'm not sure, but there might be some more files coming from Christoph
and/or K-J with another take on this - for my part there is cranberry
sauce to make.. :slight_smile:

//drew

Stefan,
Copyright, trademark (not the same thing, but related), and other info
will be on the copyright pages and (for the printed copies) on the
back cover, whether or not anything is on the front cover. Some of
that info is alrady there.

--Jean

Which reminds me, Drew, we need to work on back cover design (and
wording) as well. I'll find examples of what I'm using now and start
the discussion with you and the others soon.

--Jean

Hi all,

One proposal coming out of this exchange, 'Ice Castle', is available for
review at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_DocumentationFronts#International

Comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Very nice !!! My only quibble would be the possible confusion between
the Calc guide and the Getting Started guide as the greens are very similar.

Alex

Hi :slight_smile:
I think they might have already been there.  I guess i did get muddled.  I was trying to refer to the top of this page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Wallpapers
but i couldn't remember where it might be in the wiki.  I've found it now (obviously :wink: )

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: