Corrections to the Getting Started with Base chapter

This morning I downloaded a copy of this chapter from Getting
Started Guide > Draft folder. I made the corrections in the chapter with
record changes on. I have named the ODT as 0108GS3-Base_DEL_20111109.odt
and uploaded it into the Draft folder AS OF 8:43 AM.
    I will leave someone else to review what I have done and accept the
changes. I'm not sure if that is where the file should have been placed.
After rereading some things it probably should have been place in the
Feedback folder.

--Dan

Thanks, Dan. I'll review it. There are no Feedback folders in
Alfresco, so that is the best place to put it.

The intended process with Alfresco involves over-writing the existing
files (without changing the file name), but what you did is fine.
(Personally I prefer it, especially as this is intended to be
corrections to the published v3.3 chapter as well as in the file
updated for v3.4.)

--Jean

Dan, I don't see any file by that name, and the file that's in the
Getting Started > Drafts folder on Alfresco is unchanged. Perhaps the
upload failed? Note that when uploading, you need to wait until the
Upload button changes to OK and then click OK to complete the process.

--Jean

OK, 100 tries later, the file finally uploaded to the draft folder.

--Dan

Hi,

OK, 100 tries later, the file finally uploaded to the draft folder.

Apologies for this. The upload feature currently has a minor glitch:
it sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts to upload a single file. With
multiple files, it sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts to upload the first
2 files in the set. All the other files seem to upload OK. I'm working
on resolving this with the Alfresco project. I'll be posting back
about the issue in due course.

Dan, thanks for persevering. I've got the file now. --Jean

Dan, I made some further corrections in the file you provided; I found
some more missing quotation marks and added them. (Same as for the OOo
docs.)

I have now replaced the ODTs on Alfresco (in Published v3.3 and in
Drafts for v3.4) and replaced the ODT and PDF on the wiki.

--Jean