I found something I would like to work on

Based on what I saw on the Document Foundation Wiki, it looks like this is
available, and I will try this as my first project:

Chapter 5 (Calc)
Redesigned Move/Copy Sheet dialog (Edit->Sheet->Move/Copy) - put in section
on "working with sheets".
Add a few words on sheet tab colors (get words from Calc Guide).
Add a few words on total and subtotals?
Mention Pivot Tables (formerly DataPilot) and refer reader to Calc Guide.
Add a few words on functions and formulas, refer reader to Calc Guide.

Should I use Track Changes (or its LO equivalent) while making these
revisions?

If this is OK, I will go ahead with this task.

Thanks,

David

David, yes, go for it! And yes, please use Track Changes. Also, please
see (on the wiki) the general instructions for other things to do or
check or change in all chapters of the Getting Started guide.

To "check out" (lock) the file in Alfresco, choose "More > Edit
Offline" to the right of the filename.

--Jean

I went into the Repository, found this document, and locked it.

However, on the Document Foundation Wiki, I do not know how to add my name to the chart.

David,
Create an account on the wiki. (You can do that yourself; see the
"Login/create account" link in the upper right of any wiki page.) Then
you can edit the table on the wiki page. If you are unfamiliar with
editing wiki tables, and have difficulty doing that, ask again.

--Jean

Setting up the account was no problem, but I have gone through the site and cannot find how to change the table.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing: the table toward
the bottom of this section of this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Getting_Started_Guide

Look to the far right of the heading for that section. When you are
logged in, you should see [edit]. Click that, then scroll down in the
edit box to the table.

(The table is part of that section, so it doesn't have a separate
[edit] link. If we gave the table a subheading, it would have an edit
link. Perhaps I should do that.)

--Jean

Great!  Thanks.