Getting started with LibreOffice documentation

Aaron Steen wrote,

I'm a new recruit looking to help with documentation. Where do I begin?

Hi Aaron, I've seen you enquiring at ODFAuthors and at Apache OOo,
where not much is happening at the moment, as well as here, so you
must be keen. :slight_smile:

So, welcome to the team. To help get yourself oriented, I suggest
reading this wiki page and some of the documents linked from it:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

That page also has a list of items that I have identified as needing
to be updated in specific chapters of the user guides. You might find
something there that interests you to work on.

I see Tom has given you access to the Alfresco website, where we store
documents that are in various stages of production, so you can get
hold of any documents from the "Drafts" folders for the user guides.
At the moment, all of the existing user guides have been published for
LO v 3.3.x, but need updating to LO v 3.4.x.

Please give us a bit of background here on yourself, your technical
writing experience if any, other relevant experience and interests
(spreadsheets? databases? word processing? whatever). That could help
us suggest specific items for you to work on, or feel free just to
pick anything that interests you. And also feel free to ask questions.
We know our Contributors' Guide is incomplete and in places out of
date, so if something's confusing, that's probably why.

--Jean