Need a volunteer to compile the Impress Guide

This isn't urgent, though it would be nice to get it done in the next
few weeks. As with all documentation, the sooner the better IMO...
especially with a product that is updated as frequently as LibreOffice.

The full Impress Guide needs to be compiled from the individual
chapters, using the master document. This may involve a certain amount
of manual fiddling around, as described in "Producing LibO User Guides".
If whoever volunteers for this task is not familiar with the details of
the process, I can provide more info or pointers to info or answer
specific questions.

--Jean

Hi Jean,

This isn't urgent, though it would be nice to get it done in the next
few weeks. As with all documentation, the sooner the better IMO...
especially with a product that is updated as frequently as LibreOffice.

The full Impress Guide needs to be compiled from the individual
chapters, using the master document. This may involve a certain amount
of manual fiddling around, as described in "Producing LibO User Guides".
If whoever volunteers for this task is not familiar with the details of
the process, I can provide more info or pointers to info or answer
specific questions.

If no-one else steps up to do it sooner, I volunteer to do it during
August sometime. It'll do me good to get my head out of web
development and do some *real* docs work.

David, IMO writing something new to fill in some gaps in the docs
(perhaps creating how-to's) would be even better use of your time and
skills than compiling a book... though as a break from web development,
book compilation might be kind of restful. :slight_smile:

--Jean

Hi Jean,

David, IMO writing something new to fill in some gaps in the docs
(perhaps creating how-to's) would be even better use of your time and
skills than compiling a book... though as a break from web development,
book compilation might be kind of restful. :slight_smile:

OK, would you like to point me at something specific?

One thing that needs doing, once you've sorted out the alfresco share
site, is updating the contributors' guide chapter on using Alfresco so
it agrees with reality. You're probably the best person to do that. It
may not be "real" user docs, but it's essential for helping new
volunteers get up to speed.
English Content > Documentation > Resources > using-Alfresco.odt

I'll also find my list of user-doc topics (some of which may be on the
wiki) and get back to you in the next few days.

As soon as I've finished with the Draw Guide, I intend to get back to
updating the other chapters of the contributors' guide, as well as
fostering more discussion on this list about what we want/need to do
next (updating user guides vs producing new stuff, among other topics).

--Jean

Hi Jean

I will do this after I have done the screenshots for chapter seven.

Regards

John

Hi Jean,

One thing that needs doing, once you've sorted out the alfresco share
site, is updating the contributors' guide chapter on using Alfresco so
it agrees with reality. You're probably the best person to do that. It
may not be "real" user docs, but it's essential for helping new
volunteers get up to speed.
English Content > Documentation > Resources > using-Alfresco.odt

OK, for sure, I will definitely take that on, and do so as quickly as possible.

I'll also find my list of user-doc topics (some of which may be on the
wiki) and get back to you in the next few days.

OK, thanks, that'll be great. :slight_smile:

As soon as I've finished with the Draw Guide, I intend to get back to
updating the other chapters of the contributors' guide, as well as
fostering more discussion on this list about what we want/need to do
next (updating user guides vs producing new stuff, among other topics).

OK, that's great, too, and thanks for this. :slight_smile: