[libreoffice-users] Writer's Guide not on English pages, but in Spanish version

version

I know that I found the Writer Guide on the English version of
the page listed below, but it was not there. The Spanish page
shown in the link has the English language guides for Writer.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/es

So, was there any reason why the Writer's Guide Chapters were
removed from the English language version of this page?

I downloaded the .odt files from the list on
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
for Writer and exported them as PDF files.

The English page shows the .odt and the .pdf files for just "Getting Started".
The Spanish page shows the .odt files for "Getting Started" and "Writer's
Guide".
Since I downloaded the "Writer's Guide" .odt files from the English page,
I am wondering why those files are not there any longer.

The English Writer Guide files were removed from the wiki several weeks ago
because they were very out of date and a lot of work needed to be done to
get them correct and up to date for users. At one time we were using the
wiki as our "working" space for doing these updates, but we are now doing
that work on a dedicated website.

The chapters are now close to being ready for release again on the wiki. An
announcement will be made when this occurs.

Hal

Cool. I thought you would have a good answer for this :slight_smile: Good work :slight_smile:
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: