Alfresco: Notice of server restarts over the next few hours

Hi, :slight_smile:

Work on optimizing the server configuration and configuring email
functionality will be going on as from 10:15 GMT Sunday Feb 6.

So there are likely to be several server restarts over the next few hours.

I will post back when the work has been finished.

David Nelson

Hi :slight_smile:

It is great to see all this work going on. Each day there seems to be
significant improvements to the Documentation Team's toolkit and work-flow.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom, all, :slight_smile:

The restarts are over.

I considerably increased the time you stay logged in, to 10 hours inactivity.

By tomorrow sometime, there will be email notifications about document
additions, updates and removals from the site.

Sometime soon, we could have a separate information/download site
summarizing work and content on the work site, that does not require
you to log in beforehand. (Although, IMHO, the principal download
point for user-ready files should still be the wiki.)

David Nelson

Are the emails notifications opt in, opt out, or we get them whether
we want them or not? Jean

We get them whether we want them or not. You can set spam filters to block
everything tho!
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi, :slight_smile:

Initially, they will be sent to this list. Usually, there would not be
an inordinate number of them, but we'll just have to watch, and you
guys will have to tell me if they're an irritation. If people don't
like it then we'll find an alternative solution (such as a separate
mailing list uniquely for automated notifications, or something).

I'm also working on an RSS feed, and will be setting up a statistics
and information mini-portal linked to the Alfresco site, on a separate
subdomain. So the current site would be purely the workplace people
log into and work on, and there would be a public, no-login portal
with statistics, information and an index of files on the Alfresco
site.

David Nelson

Just make sure there is a unique header added, or something in the Subject line, and we can sort it into a basket just for those.

Hi, :slight_smile:

Just make sure there is a unique header added, or something in the Subject
line, and we can sort it into a basket just for those.

Quite so. But, when one uses a threaded mail client (Gmail, etc.) they
can be a useful way of having a discussion pertaining to a particular
document, here on the list.

David Nelson