What's Next?

Now that all the Writer Guide chapters are in Review, should I start picking up chapters from the Calc Guide for similar activity, or what?

Hi Barbara, :slight_smile:

My 2 cents is that it would be a great thing to do.

I'm busy getting up to speed with the Alfresco software. I'm working
on email notifications to this list from the site, and I'll be looking
to extend the login times, so that you can leave the browser window
inactive for a much longer time without having to login again...

David Nelson

Hopefully forever?

:wink:

Rogerio

Hi, :slight_smile:

Hopefully forever?

If you guys feel that 10 hours is not enough then I can extend it
further. Although I'll be checking that there are no technical reasons
why it's not a good idea to have such a policy.

David Nelson

Why does it need to care? If I have my cookies, why can't I go to the same URL I would go to after giving my password yet again?

Hi :slight_smile:

Surely 10 hours is fine? "Always on" sounds risky as a general rule
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi, :slight_smile:

If I had my druthers for a "What's Next", I'd say that it would be a
good idea to accumulate *all* the material we currently have on the
Alfresco site.

I know Jean started feeding stuff across from ODFAuthors, but I'm not
sure if she finished that, or whether she has time or plans to
continue doing so?

But, if not, I'd go on a "big raid" to ODFAuthors and OOo sites and
pick up anything that we currently don't have and that we should
logically think about maintaining in future for the LibreOffice
project, and I'd post it on the Alfresco site.

Then, once we'd done that, we could review things and figure out a
general task list for the docs team.

"What's Next" would also logically include finalizing our team
decisions about the template, and to validate and add to the work that
John's started on it.

For myself, most of the available time I'll have over the next few
weeks is likely to largely be consumed with work on the Alfresco sites
(upcoming alfresco.libreoffice.org and share.libreoffice.org - BTW,
Florian mailed me back saying he reckons he'll surely have time for
the roll-overs within the next 10 days...). But, as soon as possible,
I'll dive into the actual docs work with you guys.

2 cents.

David Nelson

I finished putting all the user guide material on the Alfresco site,
with the possible exception of the Base Guide, which is in early,
rough draft.
Jean

Earlier, I wrote:

I finished putting all the user guide material on the Alfresco site,
with the possible exception of the Base Guide, which is in early,
rough draft.
Jean

Thinking about it some more, I'm now fairly sure that I haven't put the
OOo Impress Guide on Alfresco because we haven't updated it yet, and I
may not have put the first chapter of the Draw Guide there either.
You're welcome to take copies of those from the ODFAuthors site any time
you wish, of course.

--Jean