Jean's status

Just letting you know we and our house came through cyclone Yasi
unscathed. However we have no power and no landline phone and the
mobile network may go down due to lack of power. We have 3 iPhones and
1 iPad in this house so we have communication as long as the network
lasts, but it's not practical for file transfers even though I can
tether the phone to the computer.

Meanwhile the village is having a BBQ to cook all the meat from
warming freezers and we have lots of beer and wine in hand, so it's
not Dom and gloom. And many neighbours have generators, one of which
is being shared with us to keep our fridge working.

Cheers, Jean

Hi Jean,

Just letting you know we and our house came through cyclone Yasi
unscathed. However we have no power and no landline phone and the
mobile network may go down due to lack of power. We have 3 iPhones and
1 iPad in this house so we have communication as long as the network
lasts, but it's not practical for file transfers even though I can
tether the phone to the computer.

Meanwhile the village is having a BBQ to cook all the meat from
warming freezers and we have lots of beer and wine in hand, so it's
not Dom and gloom. And many neighbours have generators, one of which
is being shared with us to keep our fridge working.

Great to know that you're all safe :slight_smile:
Kind regards
Sophie

+1

Stay safe and have fun bonding with neighbours.  That can be more important and
might lead to spreading the Foss philosophy better eventually anyway.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile: