Please use Nat. team or something else

NL being the language and country code for Dutch/Netherlands, it confuses me
to see the term NL team in these messages.

So please use Nat. team instead or something else, but avoid NL team.

Hi, :slight_smile:

So please use Nat. team instead or something else, but avoid NL team.

Sorry, Freek, but this is a widely-used "approved" term in the l10n
area of the project. You should probably contact Sophie Gautier and
explain your thoughts to her?

David Nelson

Hi,

Hi, :slight_smile:

So please use Nat. team instead or something else, but avoid NL team.

Sorry, Freek, but this is a widely-used "approved" term in the l10n
area of the project. You should probably contact Sophie Gautier and
explain your thoughts to her?

Please use translation teams here or t9n teams, this is what the work will be done/used for here. For the native lang teams, we should just write it in complete words.
Why should Freek contact me for this?

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you would make the effort to be more gracious and
courteous in the tone of your messages - not to speak of objective and
rational.

"NL" is a term that I can prove is commonly used in the project.

David Nelson

Hi,

Sophie Gautier wrote (24-01-11 06:13)

I know the confusion :slight_smile:

So please use Nat. team instead or something else, but avoid NL team.

Sorry, Freek, but this is a widely-used "approved" term in the l10n
area of the project. You should probably contact Sophie Gautier and
explain your thoughts to her?

Please use translation teams here or t9n teams, this is what the work
will be done/used for here. For the native lang teams, we should just
write it in complete words.

OK for me, but in fact NL teams is used often.
Problem with 'Nat' is, Freek, that it is about languages, and not about nations/countries. This is a very important difference - lots of discussions in the past - so avoiding misunderstanding about that is IMO more important than avoiding the confusion for you, and me and others for the Dutch NL-team.

Why should Freek contact me for this?

Maybe because of your experience (far more than me) with NL teams Sophie :wink:

Regards,
Cor

Hi Cor,
[...]

[...]

So let use is in plain words (or plain text I don't know what is the good term) so everybody is happy. It's not so long to write than several mails on the topic :wink:

Why should Freek contact me for this?

Maybe because of your experience (far more than me) with NL teams Sophie
:wink:

Thanks Cor, but I don't know, hence my question. So I will repeat my advice to use translation teams here because it is the work that will be done from English to other languages, or the contrary anyway.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi David,

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you would make the effort to be more gracious and
courteous in the tone of your messages - not to speak of objective and
rational.

I am, just English is not my [first/second] language, so please take it as it is. Sorry if I speak too bad for you.
My previous message was explaining that mailing lists have archives with links in the header, and we usually take care to not post the same message any time, to save time of readers. But you do as you want, of course.

"NL" is a term that I can prove is commonly used in the project.

And then, why do you address Freek to me?
I made a suggestion to use Translation Team as it is the work done here. T9n is the short, so we will avoid to make him think we're speaking about his team. But again do as you want, of course.
Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

Your English is not the problem. Courtesy is the same in all
languages. Please, next time, try and be *friendly and courteous* in
your postings to me (I refer to this thread and the other Alfresco
one).

I suggest we close this particular discussion down and just focus on
the work we need to do.

<friendly>Let's be nice to each other! :wink: </friendly>

Read you next time.

David Nelson