Open Communication in OpenSource?

Hi all,

I was told that one of the advantages of Alfressco for the work on documentation for
LibreOffice is the "in house" discussion / comment feature.
The feature was described with this words:
"built-in discussion system that lets you anchor a discussion on a particular
content object"
I wonder if this means that the discussion about writing, reviewing etc. of
documentation about LibreOffice will be done offlist inside the Alfressco CMS (not
visible for the whole community and the public).

In my opinion the discussion about and the comments on LibreOffice documentation
should run on a mailinglist, because we are an OpenSource project with an open
communication style.

Regards,
Andreas

I agree, for future reference, a mailing list is the best choice (even more
because it is the way people are used to search for old messages). I believe
even for our needs it is better since ideas can be thrown around without the
need for people to get access to Alfresco per se.

Rogerio

Hi, :slight_smile:

The "anchored discussion" feature of Alfresco is a useful feature for
having a discussion about a particular point concerning a particular
content object in a manner that is easily trackable and findable by
the people working on that object.

But I do perfectly see and share the concerns about keeping
discussions public so that everyone can contribute.

We need to see whether there's a way to forward those internal
Alfresco discussions to the mailing list or an RSS feed.

I'll look into this ASAP - anyone else got info or suggestions to
share about this?

David Nelson

If Alfresco has a diff feature, maybe a mail notification can be set up
which collects the diffs and sends them to a mailig list - similar to
bugtracker or wiki notifications? Then everybody interested could
subscribe to this list or look into the archives.

(just an idea)

Nino