Documentation category at the wiki

Hi all,

as I'm not subscribed to the documentation list, my mail will have to be moderated (sorry for that).

I just want to inform you that I created a category "Documentation" on the wiki and added two newly created wiki pages by Ricardo to this category. See <http://go.mail-archive.com/3z8H2GPddx7D2FFQf0qy8hZYCE8=>

Sophie already suggested this category on the TDF-discuss list, and I think it could be helpful for other pages too.

So I added a link there at the main documentation wiki page in the "Other Documentation and Resources" area.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation#Other_Documentation_and_Resources

If you think this is reasonable, please add the category to the pages you create, so they can be reached easily.
And improve my wording please :wink:

Best regards

Bernhard

As I understand it the intention was to create a category to tag wiki
pages that should be moved to wiki.libreoffice.org once it is up and
running.
This will be done using a bot, so if we start using the
'Documentation' category tag on the documentation development pages, I
am assuming they will also be moved, which may not be what the
Documentation team wishes.
Might it be a better option to use a tag such as
'wiki.libreoffice.org' or 'EndUserWiki' to tag wiki
articles/tutuorials rather than 'documentation' which implies all
documentation development, community and infrastructure building?

Also there has been discussion regarding flattening the structure of
the TDF wiki for translation/multi-lingual purposes. If this is how we
wish to manage the wiki, shouldn't there be enforcement of the flat
structure by the wiki infrastructure?
How do we go about flattening the existing structure? How do we go
about moving a wiki page to the wiki root?
Does anyone have any ideas/input on this?

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland