[libreoffice-documentation] Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2

Hi Jan, resending for all to see plus adding a thought at the end:

2010/12/17 Jan Holesovsky <kendy@suse.cz>

> I've just seen the test installation of the future LibreOffice site; I
> think it very much fulfills what you are proposing. It is not at the
> end of the installation, but at the time you are downloading
> LibreOffice:
>
> http://test.libreoffice.org/download/
>
> If you choose Linux version, you can choose the language version you
> need, as an additional download. I suppose the same will be implemented
> with the Windows version after the RC2 that will have the langpacks.
>
> I hope this resolves even this concern :-)

I don't think this is ok for GUI installers. I think users should be warned
there is no help included. The person that downloads the suite might not be
the same person that installs the package - so this needs to be known to the
person installing, not the one downloading (or to both of them).

Also, sometimes these office suites are distributed via CD's with other OSS
software or included in an OS, so there is no download page to see this
warning. It should be in the installation procedure somewhere. Even the
Linux installer could write it out in the console - help is not included,
for further info see this and that webpage.

My 2 cents,
m.